Ours, Yours and Mines

Historical novels set in Scotland and based on real people and events.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sample Chapter on this website

Abigail Langland

Thank you for posting the sample chapter on this website. I'm already hooked and want to know more about the McMurdo family! I can't wait until it's ready to buy. I'd also like to chat to the author as I'm very interested in historical fiction.

July 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scotsnews
Site Owner

I'm glad you enjoyed reading the chapter Abigail. Ours, Yours and Mines will be ready to buy by mid-July so keep checking back here for news. I'd be happy to chat with you once you have read the book and to answer any questions.

cheers Carmel

July 5, 2012 at 1:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Abigail Langland

I kept checking www.amazon.com and was delighted when Ours, Yours and Mines was available earlier than expected. I ordered it express post and received it on Friday afternoon. Firstly I would like to say that the characters are very well drawn and I really felt as though I was standing inside the little houses in the miners rows. I wasn't really ready for the sadness and I was very moved by Mary's strength of character in the face of so much tragedy. Great job. When will the next instalment be available?

July 8, 2012 at 2:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scotsnews
Site Owner

Hi Abigail,

I'm really delighted that you enjoyed the story. I'm giving myself some time to enjoy the process and talk to people about Ours, Yours and Mines, as there's been a lot of interest but I hope to start writing Faeries, Farms and Folk very soon. I already have an outline for it but I like to be able to concentrate on the research without too much interruption otherwise you lose the thread.

Thanks for taking the time to write to me - much appreciated.

Carmel

July 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.